So laugh, learn (either what to do or what NOT to do), commiserate, shake your head in disbelief . . . whatever! Here are a few of the things you can read about if you follow my blog:
- I love to cook. Seriously. Especially if it's a complicated recipe - I'm IN!!
- I've been making beer for a few years now. Nothing large scale - just 5 gallon batches in buckets. They're usually pretty drinkable . . . yeah. I've only have bottles blow up once or twice (early on).
- I like to preserve and can things. I love vinegar and salt, and I think pickling improves SO many things. Just think about it - would you rather have plain green beans or pickled hot green beans. ??? I know, right?!?! It's also fun to make mustard and jam, and other random things in jars. I want to try sauerkraut soon . . .
- I like to cross stitch. I think cross stitching is the hobby that officially has the slowest potential progress per given level of exertion. Let's SEW pixels, everyone!!! :) Subversive cross stitch patterns crack me up, and I can't promise I won't post any . . .
- I just started quilting. O.O. Why? Well, I spent most of the spring of 2015 deeply involved in a musical called Quilters (as a result of the above-mentioned job that I love). After the musical and the spring semester was over, I bought a sewing machine I had no business buying and just dove in.
- I like running, hiking, and other outdoor fitness opportunities. Good thing, since BEER and FOOD figure quite prominently in my life . . . At this point, I've done four full marathons, a bunch of half marathons, and some intense day hikes. I just don't know any better.
- I can't promise I won't add to this list. I like doing . . . stuff. All kinds of stuff. If you're like me, please read on and enjoy!